Truck injuries refer to accidents or incidents involving commercial trucks, such as tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and delivery vehicles, that result in injuries to individuals involved. These accidents can be devastating due to the size and weight of commercial trucks, which often outweigh passenger vehicles by many tons. Determining liability in truck injury cases can be complex, contacting truck injury lawyers would ease navigating through the process. It may involve the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer, or other parties. Victims of truck injuries often pursue legal action to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were over 4,100 fatal truck crashes in the United States in 2020. Of those fatal crashes, over 5,000 people were killed. The average cost of a truck accident injury claim is $1 million. Over 500,000 people are injured in truck accidents each year.
Going through personal injury case for truck accident claim
In the event of a truck injury, seeking prompt medical attention is crucial, and consulting a specialized personal injury attorney is advisable. These lawyers help victims navigate the legal complexities and pursue compensation. Winning a truck accident case involves key steps:
- Establishing Liability: Proving the truck driver’s negligence caused your injuries through evidence like police reports, witness statements, and medical records.
- Calculating Damages: Documenting medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses to ensure fair compensation.
- Negotiating with Insurer: Attempting to settle with the truck driver’s insurance company, with a willingness to go to court if needed.
- Hiring an Experienced Lawyer: An attorney assists in evidence gathering, negotiations, and court proceedings, ensuring a strong case.
What will be covered by the truck accident claim?
The coverage and compensation you can receive from a truck accident claim will depend on various factors, including the specific circumstances of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and the insurance policies involved. Truck injury lawyers will work to secure the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Here are common types of coverage and damages that may be covered in a truck accident claim:
- Medical Expenses: Most truck accident claims will cover your medical expenses related to the accident. This includes hospital bills, surgery costs, doctor visits, prescription medications, physical therapy, and any necessary medical equipment.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income. This can include past and future wages and benefits you would have earned had the accident not occurred.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and the reduction in your quality of life due to the accident and injuries may be included in your claim.
- Permanent Disability: If your injuries result in a permanent disability or impairment, you may receive compensation for the impact on your life, including future earning capacity and daily living.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, if the actions of the truck driver or trucking company are found to be especially reckless or negligent, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior in the future.
- Other Economic Losses: Depending on the specific circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation for other economic losses, such as transportation costs for medical appointments, home modifications if your injuries require them, and other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
It’s important to note that the availability of these coverages and the amount of compensation you receive will depend on the details of your case, applicable insurance policies, liability, and the legal process. Here, we take immense pride in our team of dedicated and experienced truck injury lawyers. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to pursuing justice for those who have suffered due to truck accidents. With a deep understanding of the intricacies of truck accident litigation, we have successfully represented numerous clients in their pursuit of compensation and closure. Contact us at (626) 602-9483.