If you were injured on the job in California, you probably wonder why resolving your workers’ compensation claim takes so long. There are numerous reasons why claims may take longer to settle than anticipated.
This blog will explore some of the most prevalent causes of delays in California workers’ compensation claims. We will also provide suggestions for how you can expedite the process.
If you have been injured on the job and are awaiting the answer to your claim, continue reading to learn why it is taking so long.
Why Might a California Workers’ Compensation Claim Take a Long Time to Resolve?
There are numerous reasons why a California Workers’ Compensation claim may take considerable time to settle. One of the most common reasons is that the insurance company is conducting a comprehensive investigation. This can take some time, especially if the accident is complicated or there are numerous parties involved.
The severity of the injury is a common reason for delays in workers’ compensation claims. If you have sustained a severe injury, processing your claim will likely take longer. This is because a thorough review of your medical records is required to determine the extent of your injuries and how long it will take for you to recover.
Lastly, claims can take a long time to settle due to the insurance company’s desire to minimize payouts. They may do so by disputing your injuries’ severity or the accident’s details. If the insurance company disputes your claim, reaching a solution may take some time.
What Can You Do If It Takes a Long Time to Resolve Your California Workers’ Compensation Claim?
If your California workers’ compensation claim takes a long time to resolve, you have a few options.
- First, confirm that you have submitted all required documentation to the insurance company. If the insurance company lacks the necessary information, the processing of your claim will be delayed.
- Second, maintain communication with your attorney. If you have questions about the status of your claim, they can provide an update.
- Lastly, show patience. The workers’ compensation system can be complicated, and solutions can take time.
How Can a California Workers’ Compensation Attorney Help You?
A California workers’ compensation attorney can assist in multiple ways.
- They can assist you in navigating the complex system of workers’ compensation. They will be aware of the deadlines and requirements necessary to obtain your benefits.
- They can assist you in pursuing the benefits to you are entitled to. If the insurance company attempts to minimize its payout, a lawyer can assist you in obtaining the total amount of benefits you are entitled to.
- If your claim remains unresolved, an attorney can assist you in filing a lawsuit. If you decide to file a case, you will need to retain legal representation.
Regardless of your decision, you must keep in mind that the workers’ compensation system can be intricate. If you have questions or concerns, you should always consult an attorney.
In conclusion, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if you have been injured at work in California. These benefits can help you pay for medical expenses and lost wages. To find out if you qualify, contact us at San Gabriel Valley or call (626) 602-9483.