When you are injured at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits include payment for medical expenses and income replacement if you are unable to work. If your injury is severe, you may also be entitled to a lump sum settlement. If you have been injured at work and are unsure whether you are entitled to a higher workers’ compensation settlement, this post is for you. Keep reading to learn more about determining if you deserve a higher workers’ comp shoulder injury settlement.
The amount of your settlement will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injury, the extent of your disability, and the length of time you have been unable to work. You may also be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering.
What are the first steps to take after a shoulder injury at work?
If you have been injured at work, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Once a doctor has seen you, you should notify your employer and file a workers’ compensation claim.
You will then need to provide your employer with a copy of your medical report. This report will be used to determine the extent of your injury and the appropriate level of benefits you are entitled to receive.
How do you know if you are entitled to a workers’ comp shoulder injury settlement?
There are a few factors that will be considered when determining whether you are entitled to a workers’ compensation shoulder injury settlement. These include:
- The severity of your injury
- The extent of your disability
- The length of time you have been unable to work
- The number of medical expenses you have incurred
- The number of lost wages you have suffered
- The amount of pain and suffering you have endured
If you have been injured at work and are unsure of whether you are entitled to a workers’ compensation shoulder injury settlement, the best thing to do is to speak to a lawyer. A lawyer who specializes in workers’ compensation law will be able to advise you of your rights and help you to pursue a claim if necessary.
Increasing the chances of receiving a higher workers’ comp shoulder injury settlement
If you have suffered a shoulder injury at work, you may be wondering how to increase the chances of receiving a higher workers’ compensation settlement. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Get medical treatment right away. This will not only help you recover from your injury, but it will also provide documentation of the injury and your treatment.
- Cooperate with your employer. If your employer is cooperative, it will make it more likely that you will be able to reach a settlement agreement.
- Do not miss any deadlines. Missing a deadline could jeopardize your claim.
- 4. Hire a lawyer. An experienced lawyer will know how to navigate the workers’ compensation system and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Contact and Visit Us at San Gabriel Valley Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
If you have suffered a shoulder injury at work, you may be wondering if you are entitled to a higher workers’ compensation settlement. The answer to this question depends on several factors, including the severity of your injury, the type of work you do, and your state’s workers’ compensation laws.
In order to determine if you deserve a higher workers’ compensation shoulder injury settlement, it is important to contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. At San Gabriel Valley Workers’ Compensation Attorneys, we have over 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of injured workers. We will review the facts of your case and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (626) 602-9483 for a free consultation.