Chemical exposure can cause terrible workplace injuries. Even after your first treatment, you might still have health problems that will affect your life for years to come. Some of the problems can last for a long time. Burns can have a big effect on your life, and you have the right to get paid for the harm they cause. People and businesses that hurt others through carelessness need to pay for the harm they cause.
Illnesses And Injuries Caused By Contact With Toxic Chemicals
Different kinds of dangerous chemicals are used in American industry for a wide range of reasons. Due to toxic chemicals, injuries of chemical exposure in the workplace is increasing. People who work in agriculture, construction, manufacturing, mechanical maintenance, mining, and metal work are more likely to get chemical burns and other injuries. The dangers to workers are:
- Burns: Chemicals that are corrosive and acidic can hurt both the skin and the eyes. If you breathe them in, they can burn your nose, mouth, and sinuses. They can also hurt your throat and lungs.
- Poison: Many chemicals are dangerous to humans and can cause painful and life-threatening symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, slurred speech, seizures, loss of consciousness, trouble breathing, and stomach cramps.
- Cancer: Asbestos, arsenic, benzene, beryllium, and vinyl chloride are all chemicals that can cause cell mutations that can lead to cancer over time.
Chemical exposure victims’ compensation?
The following type of damage can be recovered with the help of a chemical exposure lawyer when you are suffering from injury of chemical exposure in the workplace
- Medical expenses: If you have had bad health effects like lead poisoning or been hurt because you were surrounded by harmful chemicals like paraquat, firefighting foam, contaminated water, or hazardous waste, you may be able to get money for your medical bills. Our chemical exposure lawyer helps people who have been exposed to toxic substances can help you get paid for any medical care you have already had and for any care you are likely to need in the future.
- Loss of earnings: If you got sick because you were exposed to toxic chemicals and your illness was serious, you may have missed time from work because you were sick or because you had to go to doctor’s appointments. Our law firm can help you get paid for any wages you lost because you were exposed to toxins.
- Pain and suffering: Chemical exposure can cause illnesses that can be both physically and mentally painful. If your exposure to a toxic substance has caused you physical pain or mental suffering, our chemical exposure lawyer can help you get money for it.
- Wrongful death: If a toxic chemical caused a loved one to get sick and die, we are very sorry for your loss. You may be able to get money for things like funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship, loss of income from your loved one, and more.
Talk about your chemical exposure claim with a good California workers’ compensation lawyer.
For a free consultation, call San Gabriel Valley Law Firm at (626) 602-9483 right now. If you or someone you care about got hurt because of careless handling of chemical materials. We never charge a fee for our services unless there is a successful recovery.