Bus passengers, people walking on the street, people riding bikes, and people in cars can all be hurt in bus crashes and car accidents. People who are hurt in bus accident injury should get fair compensation for their injuries. Bus accidents are common in California because drivers are often tired, make mistakes or aren’t careful, and don’t keep their buses in good shape.
Kinds of Bus Accidents
- Bus Accidents on public transportation – A city, county, state, or some other regional authority can be in charge of a public bus. If a bus accident was caused by a careless bus driver, the person who was hurt can file a claim against both the careless bus driver and the government agency in charge of running the bus line.
When someone claims the government, they have to do so within six months of the date the accident happened. If the victim doesn’t send in their claim by the deadline, they won’t be able to get their money back.
- Touring Bus Accidents – Tourists love to visit California, especially cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco. Most of the time, tour buses are full of tourists who want to find out about the history and culture of well-known cities. The tour bus driver has to keep a good pace so that tourists can see everything the city has to offer. If the tour bus driver is breaking the law, like speeding or not following traffic rules, they will have to pay for any damage they cause in an accident.
A tourist bus company may also be held legally responsible for a bus accident if they don’t follow what the law said, like making sure the bus was in good shape or hiring qualified drivers.
- Bus Accidents On Station – People who get hurt at a bus stop will be able to file a claim against the individual or organization responsible for their injuries. Most accidents at bus stops have been caused by careless drivers. It is up to the person who was hurt to find proof that the driver was responsible for the damage.
Common California Bus Accident causes
California bus accidents are varied. School, tour, charter, public, and private buses may be involved in accidents. Common bus accident causes:
- bus and motorist traffic [“offenses”],
- passengers not wearing seat belts,
- inattentive driving,
- bus driver exhaustion,
- negligent hiring,
- poor vehicle maintenance.
Bus accidents kill people every year in the United States, which is an unfortunate reality. People and children can also get hurt by buses in many ways, some of which are serious and some of which are terrible.
What can a California Bus Accident Attorney do for you?
Bus accident attorney help victims in achieving maximum reimbursement for their harm. They understand the value of an accident case and will not accept low-offer settlement proposals from insurance companies or at-fault parties.
If you have been injured, you should contact a personal injury attorney to discuss your case. Personal injury attorneys in San Gabriel Valley have handled a wide range of personal injury cases and can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us at (626) 602-9483.